Borgata Sportsbook Review
As the very first casino in the whole of Atlantic City to open an online sportsbook, Borgata has a serious reputation for excellence within the industry. They are only available in New Jersey and offer a selection of top quality bonuses, a range of sports and markets, and a dedication to their customers which is clear in every aspect of their site.
Test the waters with a risk-free first bet refund offer up to $250
Who Are They?
Borgata already held a strong position in the industry as one of the leading casinos, and deciding to branch out into sportsbook territory was always a slightly risky move. It is one they have managed to achieve with aplomb, building up their brand and product to become one of the leading names in New Jersey Sportsbooks.
One of the major benefits of Borgata is that you can place your first bet totally risk-free – a rarity in this modern market. Players can enjoy a £/$250 risk-free bet once they have registered, and all you have to do is place a bet of £/$25 or more – this must be settled within 7 days. Using the qualifying code – PLAYNJ – will see this matched by the casino up to a total of £/$250. In the event that your first bet loses, you will receive a cash refund, and this will be transferred into your casino account. From here, it can either be withdrawn or transferred into your betting account.
As well as the chance to get your hands on free bets, all new players will also automatically receive £/$20 to spend on the Borgata casino, and this is a great way to boost your chances of a major slot win!
In addition to this tempting welcome deal, Borgata pride themselves on offering a wide variety of additional bonuses and deals which can help you to make the most of every bet and deposit!
Borgata prides themselves on offering an extensive range of sports, and you will be able to locate examples from all around the world. The most important options include
- Rugby Union
No matter your preferred sport, you are sure to find something to take your fancy and inspire you to place a wager!
Types of Bets
As well as a variety of different sports, there are several types of bets to take advantage of. Borgata offers a Live betting option, and this is a hugely popular addition which helps to increase the status and value of the sportsbook and makes it far more appealing to fans. Some of the most popular bets include:
- Moneyline – this is the basic primary outcome bet. The screen will show a number which has or is missing a minus sign. This shows how much you will win for a £/$100 bet, or, if a minus shows, how much you will need to wager in order to win £/$100.
- Spreads -Borgata adds a unique touch to their spread bets, and will add points to whichever team is perceived to be the underdog. This helps to level the chances of both teams, and this advantage is enhanced by ensuring that spreads are fractional, to help avoid the risk of a tied outcome.
- Totals – as the name suggests, a totals bet involves the total number of points or goals for each match. Players will each receive a number, and can either wager on it being too low (bet the over) or too high (bet the under).
- Parlays – it is possible for players to bet on multiple matches by linking them together into a parlay. The profits you earn from each match will cascade forward into the next game, and this can mean that you end up with a pretty hefty profit from a fairly small wager!
- Round Robin – this is another type of multiple bet and sees all of the teams’ involved play against the others you have chosen. If one team loses, all selections which involve them also lose.
- Player props – player props, or proposition bets, are sport-specific and allow you to bet on the performance of an individual player.
With so many types of bet on the table and a variety of the most popular sports to choose from, Borgata is a top choice for anyone looking for a quality sportsbook.